(Also available in pdf form)
800 Indiana Street #454 San Francisco, CA 95126
- Director of Platform Development Jul 2016 - Present*
Led the creation of a new suite of cloud products for a company that had previously only deployed on-premise products. Technology stack is primarily Java (Spring), with some Ruby services, using Hadoop, Mongo and Docker.
- Responsible for hiring, development philosophy and process, ideology, culture and technical direction
- Worked closely with advisors, customers and product management to create and test a product vision
- Developed and iterated on prototypes and a “minimum viable product” to hone in on delivering a valuable and useful product
- Reponsible for team that developed and designed a cloud platform from soup to nuts - from deep packet inspection to Hadoop to CSS and everything in between
- Architected communication architecture to integrate legacy on-premise products with the new platform
- Supervised the development of additional security-related identity products
Engineering Manager Aug 2015 - Jul 2016
Principal Engineer Jan 2014 - Aug 2015
Senior Software Engineer - Apr 2010 - Jan 2014
Developed and led the development of both front-end application (Rails) and back-end applications (pure Ruby and C) for set of network security appliance products.
- Manager for UI development team
- Responsible for hiring, mentoring and review
- Technical lead for product engineering team
- Responsible for hiring and interview process
- Mentored and guided growth of junior engineers
- Set major architectural goals and guided their execution
- Led implementation of product features and new product lines
- Tactical organizer
- Led daily stand-ups
- Managed release process
- Main intermediary between Engineering and Product Management
- Primary escalation engineer for Support
- Individual contributor
- Overhauled 6-year-old Rails application to conform to modern standards
- Created a Service Oriented Architecture for backend systems
- Improved backend event processing performance by two orders of magnitude
- Managed database systems in challenging deployment situations
- Created leveldb-backed storage engine for raw network data
- Created system for end-to-end testing of the entire appliance
Senior Software Engineer Aug 2006 - Dec 2009
- Developed Ruby on Rails application for physicians to manage patients with chronic heart failure.
- As first engineer, recruited and cultivated a tight-knit team.
- Led large project that used Merb and CouchDB to streamline internal data flow and processes.
Impulse Marketing Group
Programmer / Database Administrator May 2004 - Aug 2006
- Developed internal reporting tools using PHP, Java Struts and Ruby on Rails.
- Created credit card billing system and customer service interface using PHP.
- Managed PostgreSQL transactional database and Oracle data warehouse.
Contributed to Rubinius, Rails, rbvmomi, impacket, stache and other projects. Created negative-captcha project, a Ruby gem for bot-resistant forms.
Georgia State University 2006
B.B.A. in Computer Information Systems